Single Mom

My sewer line backed up called them and they came out and said it needs replaced showed me what they would do for $16,000+ no way can I afford that and then I called another plumbing company and the line wasn't even where they said it was they were going to di up the driveway and put a new sewer line in RIPOFF they other company MR ROOTER replace the old pipe with a new pipe took like 3 days and charged me $6,000.00 which aint cheap but a *** of a lot less then this horrible company DO EVER EVER CALL THEM!!!!

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your feedback. We appreciate all comments as they help us provide customers the best possible experience. Gillece has been helping homeowners in the greater Pittsburgh area for over 30 years and we continue to expect our Technicians and Customer Service Specialists to guide you through a stress free and positive experience. Our Plumbers, HVAC Service Technicians and Electricians have knowledge of the newest industry trends and technology and have years of experience in the business so they can successfully assist you and your home’s needs. Our Technicians also undergo customer-service training so they can effectively communicate with you about what works best for your home. Our company was built on compassion and we are proud of our community involvement over the years especially our work with veterans. Our Customer Service team was ranked #1 in the industry and is ready to help you with your needs. Call 412-831-6199.
ID
Cons
  • Almost being ripped off
  • Price was outrageous
  • Excessive prices

Electrical switch replacement

Service was reasonably timely and competent, but charges were ridicules! $272 to replace one light switch!

This is an example of a provider taking advantage of a woman who needed help and was not knowledgeable about the service required. This was a simple repair that any competent technician should have completed in about 20 minutes with a new switch costing about $10! Single women are at a great disadvantage when dealing with unscrupulous companies like this.

Gillece makes great offers on television, but they a misleading. "We will replace ten outlets for $99!" Great, but one light switch for $272!

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate comments as they allow us to learn and continue to grow as a company in the future. We have been serving Pittsburghers for the past 30 years! Gillece is proud of the fact that our company was built on ambition, trust and compassion. We pledge to offer up-front, no-hassle prices and offer fast, friendly financing so your experience with our services are stress-free. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, so we can effectively and efficiently work on any problem you might have or answer your questions. Call us at 412-831-6199.
ID
Pros
  • Same day service
Cons
  • Exorbitant cost
Price reduction

Gillece Recepticals Change Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Just got an estimate to change out 4 existing recepticals to GFI at a cost of $933.00. Paid $65.00 for this information. Just got another estimate which was free for $175.00. I was born at night but it was not last night. Don't bother calling these people unless you don't have a budget and don't care how you spend your money. I knew Gillece was exorbitant because my ex-husband is a master electrician and I had called him for advice. Very upset and would not ever recommend Gillece.

ID
#692042 Review #692042 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Overpriced

I'm in the process of settling my mother's estate and in order to bring everything up to code, I needed to have four GFI outlets installed. The wiring was beyond my understanding and so decided to call Gillece and see what they would charge for the work required.

It cost me $65 just to have them come out for an estimate and tell me that to do the work, they wanted $933! Simple job, I had the materials, just needed someone to install the GFI's correctly, so that I didn't create more of a problem.

I decided to call my wife's ex-husband, who is a Master Electrician, and he advised that it shouldn't cost more than $100-$150. Considering this factor, I decided to NOT use Gillece, nor would I recommend them to anybody. I did find someone who is a Master Electrician, who came out and changed everything out for a total of $175. Big, actually a HUGE difference between two Master Electricians. Do your homework before hiring anybody. BTW, the electrician I did hire didn't charge me an estimating fee!

ID
#692032 Review #692032 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Cost to do a simple job
Preferred solution
Get reasonable in your pricing, I felt like it was government sticking it's hand into my bank account.

Gillece Preinspection Review from Detroit, Michigan

Gillece is way over priced. They charged me to dispatch a technician, to tell me that she could only do a preinspection, and that for 300 dollars she could have an actual inspector come out and put a sticker on my electrical panel.

I called k2 engineering and they had a real inspector out that same evening for only 85 dollars.

Gillece was a royal waste of 70 dollars considering when I asked for an electrical panel inspection, the operator could have easily told me their pricing, and that they couldnt actually inspect anything.

I won't ever call gillece for service again.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your feedback. Gillece wants to provide first-rate customer experience, so we greatly appreciate your comments. Our company was built on trust, ambition, and compassion. We have been serving homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years. Our pledge to you includes offering up-front, no-hassle pricing options and we even offer friendly financing so your repair can be completed quickly and stress-free. We would appreciate if you contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1, in the industry so we can listen to your issue and make improvements for the future. Please c all us at 412-831-6199.
Pricing issue

I WAS GROSSLY OVERCHARGED.

First let me say that the plumber was very nice and did a good job. I fully realize that the charge policy is not his and I am not complaining about him.

I also understand that there was a $65 service call charge. Not a problem. The problem is that 2 small pieces of PVC pipe and a couple of seals were replaced for a total of $500. It took the plumber 10 minutes to do the job.

The cost of the pipe was (maybe, tops) $15.

Please tell me how you can justify this charge? I wonder if Gillece does this to everybody of if they prey on older people?

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your comments. We want you to have an outstanding experience and will do what it takes to continue to improve in the future. Our company was built on trust, ambition and compassion and we have been proud to serve Pittsburgh homeowners the past 30 years! We want your experience with us to be stress-free which is why we offer up-front, no-hassle prices and friendly financing options. In order to have your issue listened to first hand and be provided with timely, quality service, please contact the #1 ranked in the industry customer service team at 412-831-6199.
ID
Pros
  • Plumber
Cons
  • Exorbitant cost
Price reduction

Quoted a price of $199 for camera service to inspect a sewer line then tried to up it to $1500. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS

First let me say that I was warned to stay away from these guys but I had a simple need and they advertise "we show up the same day or you don't pay" and I needed someone quickly. Now that I've read some of these other horror stories on this and other sites I see that I'm not alone. I feel sorry for the inexperienced and elderly that get ripped off by these guys.

This is a little lengthy but I think its important to explain exactly what transpired. I was quoted a charge of $199 for camera service by the person with whom I scheduled an appointment. I agreed and they were to come out later that day. A couple of hours later I got a call from a very polite man asking for details as to why I needed the camera service. I told them that I had NO PROBLEMS, nothing was backed up or anything but when I ran water down a cleanout right outside my house, I didn't see it running past a second cleanout about 60 ft down the line. I wasn't sure why so I wanted the camera service so I could see if there was a break or something between the 2 cleanouts.

The polite man asked if it was ok if he put me on hold since my request might fall under a service of theirs that he called "location services" and that he would get me that price. He put me on hold for about five minutes then came back and said that it would be just a few more minutes. When I asked if he was telling me that he thought the charge would be more that the $199 that I had been quoted he said, oh yes I know it will. After another few minutes he came back again said that my request did fall under "location services" and the average cost for that was $1500. WHAT!!!. I again reiterated that all I wanted was to see the inside of the pipe between those two cleanouts. How could that cost $1500? He tried to give me some BS about that being much more extensive requiring additional equipment and potentially hours of the plumber's time. When I again said that all I wanted was to see the inside of the pipe between point A and point B he insisted that it fell under "location services" and that it would be $1500, and that did not include fixing anything problem that they might find.

When I asked what the $199 camera service was for he mumbled something about that being to inspect the "quality" of the pipe and look for things like breaks or roots in the line. I said that's exactly what I want so why wouldn't they do it for $199. Suddenly he wasn't so polite and got back on his "location services" BS. I told him that $1500 was totally ridiculous and to cancel the appointment. I also told him that I would be submitting this complaint to warn other unsuspecting customers who may not have basic plumbing knowledge and would fall for their malarkey. I'm sure they count on the fact that most people are naïve and will believe whatever they tell them.

ID
Cons
  • Almost being ripped off

Gillece - Toilet Repair Review from Cranberry, Pennsylvania

Had a toilet issue off our garage bathroom that we use often! Gillece quoted us a price of $$'4800-**** dollars to fix our toilet! Was repaired today by a licensed plumber for $145.00 dollars! Please explain why the estimate "was truly out of the ballpark?" Plus we paid diagnostics fee of $65.00 which was fine and service man was great! $ 6000 and our toilet is repaired $145.00!!!

Please advise ASAP!

Lynne m Helinski

Worthless Service and a Rip Off

Update by user Apr 22, 2015

**UPDATE** There was a solution received to the issue. I was asked by Tom, the operations manager, to not discuss it, but I did not agree and the reason is that my initial service did not change, therefore there is no need to lie and say no problem existed, even when it did.

After a lengthy discussion we received a refund due to the problem and the fact that someone else had to fix the work. I have updated my review, but my initial statement below remains the same as I would not recommend or use this company based on ALL experiences, and also by being told what I can talk about as a consumer.**

Original review posted by user Mar 23, 2015

This will never be a company that I recommend to anyone based on service, prices, and comparisons, not to mention the inability of the technician to find the major problems.

My water heater went out and we had a large leak in the same area. Gillece showed up and did nothing but charge money for him to break more items for an actual plumber to fix correctly. I was quoted $2400 for a water heater install, with the heater and labor. In the end, with disconnected and broken lines, they charged $200 while causing more cost in repair.

We found someone else who could do the work, and we ended up paying $429 for a water heater and install, and $100 to have the line fixed. No matter what, there is nothing in this world that could make the rip off prices worth the useless work they complete. I would rate with negative stars is the option was possible. DO NOT use this company, your local plumber will be much more reasonable, and more likely to help find any extra issues that may come up.

Attempting to dispute the charges has resulted with three hang up calls by whoever the useless people are on the phone, rude and ignorant of the real world. The reason Gillece makes the money they do is because they break what they can and charge to fix their screw ups.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece appreciates your feedback as we want to provide a first-rate customer service experience. All of our Plumbers, Electricians and HVAC Service Technicians have extensive knowledge of the latest trends and technology as well as years of experience in the industry. Our Technicians also undergo customer-service training so they can successfully communicate with you about what works best for your home. Our Customer Service team was ranked #1 in the industry and is ready to help you with your needs. Call 412-831-6199.
ID
Cons
  • Useless technician
  • Being charged for what they broke
  • Excessive prices
Damaged or defective
Full refund

$200 to drain water heater - and it wasn't done

My daughter's water heater sprung a leak, and we knew it was old. So we called Gillece and they did arrive promptly.

The serviceman said it would need replaced and supposedly drained it. Then they quoted a price of $2400 to install a 40 gallon tank. Turned that offer down and was charged $200 which they said could come off the $2400. Then when a reputable repairman arrived, found out the size they said I needed was incorrect and it was not drained.

When we contacted them by phone, they hung up both times. What a bunch of crooks!

Trying to decide whether to contact credit card co. to dispute charges.

Gillece Services Reply:

My daughter finally was able to speak to a supervisor who agreed to refund the money, but he wanted the unfavorable reviews removed. He was told they would be updated, but not removed.

His reasoning was that people who did not deserve a refund would see that and want one also. It took over a week and the charge was finally backed off of my credit card.

I'm suprised and pleased they did give a refund, but I would not recommend doing business with this company. By the way, new water heater installed by Keystone Hardware for under $500.

ID
#612054 Review #612054 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Being ripped off
Bad quality
Full refund

Crooks. Overpriced

They tried to charge my elderly parent $750 to remove their old microwave and install (aka plug in) the new one! The sales person would not give any price range quote over the phone.

They had to pay $65 to tell them they were not interested. They advertise $99 to swap out outlets, but the guy said it's "after 7, and they do not do that service after 7".

They caught my SIL before we could warn them and charged over $4,000 for a residential hot water tank, with a few bells and whistles. They prey on the elderly and the vulnerable.How do they sleep at night?

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your comments. Gillece appreciates all feedback as we want to provide the best possible customer experience. For over 30 years, Gillece has been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area. We expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists to make sure that your experience is a positive one. Our Plumbers, HVAC Service Technicians and Electricians have years of experience and knowledge of the latest industry trends and technology to provide the best all-around service for you and your home. All technicians are not only technically proficient, but also are trained in customer-service and communication skills so they are able to effectively communicate with you about what service is right for your home. Gillece was built on compassion and is proud of their involvement in the community through their work with veterans. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry so we can listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service. Call 412-831-6199.
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

CROOKS WITH NO BUSINESS ETHICS

This is the same company that about 5 years ago went out and bought VERY SIMILAR internet website names of about 100 other local area HVAC and plumbing customers so if someone typed in one wrong letter of another company they were re-directed to Gillece. They got caught when a long-time customer of another plumber tried to contact his guy and was somehow re-directed to Gillece's website.

All these other companies took Gillece to court and Gillece was forced to get rid of all the false/misleading website names he obtained to steal business off the other companies. After reading that I knew I NEVER wanted to have nothing to do with them. From all of the customer complaints I can see they are still rip-off artists too.

A co-worker in the South Hills was quoted a price of over $1,000 parts & labor from Gillece to fix a leak in his bathroom shower with high pressure sales tactics. He ended up fixing it himself with a $50 part from Lowes and an hour of his time.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for comments. Gillece appreciates all feedback as we want to provide the best possible customer experience. You posted your comments anonymously, which makes it challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry so we can listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service. Call 412-831-6199.
When it comes to your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, Gillece is here to help. We have been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for more than 30 years! We expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists to make sure that your experience is a positive one. We provide service with flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. We even offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
Our technicians all undergo background checks and drug tests so you can be sure to be comfortable with who you are letting into your home. Gillece Service Technicians are able to get to work right away and get the job done quickly because our vans are fully-stocked service trucks with all available parts. The only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece at 412-831-6199.
Pricing issue

Don't trust Gillece. Taking advantage of elderly customers.

My 80 year old father had a backed up sewer with sewage spilling into the basement and garage. He called Gillece for someone to come to snake the sewer.

The service man tried with one snake tip and quickly came to the conclusion that the sewer pipe had collapsed and that it would have to be dug up, breaking up the driveway and costing $8,000!! All this without a camera check or even using a motorized snake! Fortunately my brother called for someone else to check it out and the sewer was opened without any problems.

All I can say is don't trust Gillece, don't even call those people. That is a disgrace to treat people that way and they don't deserve anyone's businesss if that's the way they represent

Call the news

Furnace out in mid-winter

Gas co shut off gas to fix leak in meter, furnace igniter died, and it was zero degrees out, so I was in a bad position. The furnace was thirty years old, I knew it needed replaced but I kept on putting it off.

Gillece manager/sales guy came out, put on a quick talk and had me purchasing a new furnace after quoting a ridiculous amount for a replacement igniter. The furnace price was high especially after finding out that they use Gillece-branded Goodman furnaces, which apparently have a history of being junk (maybe better now?). The sales guy ripped out the old furnace as soon as I signed for the financing. The service guys were alright and they seem to have done a pretty good job with the installation.

I did not like the pressure the sales guy applied. I even asked him why the price was so high and he just throw out some fancy words...blah, blah, blah...like I was an ***. Unfortunately, I wasn't in much of position to negotiate with myself. I figure any furnace company was going to screw me over just because of the position I was in.

I think I just took it worse from Gillece.

I wish I would have just got this done last summer when I could have done some research. Now I just pray that this furnace is not as bad as what I have read.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece appreciates your feedback as we want to provide first-rate customer experience. We want to listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service, but since you posted your comments anonymously, it makes it challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, so we can effectively and efficiently work on your problem or answer any questions you might have. Please call us at 412-831-6199.
Serving homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years, Gillece is your one stop spot for your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. Our technicians and customer service specialists are the best in the business and we expect and accept nothing less than superior assistance from them. Our customers come first. That’s why we provide flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional cost. We also offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices. We want your experience to be a positive one.
We have all of the Gillece Service Technicians undergo background checks and drug tests so you can be sure to be comfortable in your home during the time of service. Our fully-stocked service trucks have all available parts so the technicians are able to get the job done quickly and effectively. Gillece is the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

Gillece - Plumbing Services Review from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Where do u start , every step of the entire process with gillece was completely horrible, charged exorbitant prices for job that wasnt completed , say they are coming back day after day after day, but no show , there are other plumbing services out there , please use them , not gillece

Gillece Services Reply:
We appreciate your feedback. Gillece wants to make sure that you have the finest possible customer experience with us. Although your comments were posted anonymously, which makes it difficult for us to determine if you are a real customer, we want to handle your issue and provide you with effective and efficient service. Please contact the industry ranked #1 customer service team at 412-831-6199.
Gillece is proudly the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. We have been assisting homeowners with their Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, for over 30 years. In order to serve our customer’s busy schedules, our services offer flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge to you. We even offer up-front, no-hassle prices with a same day service guarantee!
Gillece Service Technicians have fully-stocked service trucks with all available parts so they are able to get the job done quickly. You can be comfortable with who you let into your home, because all of our technicians undergo background checks and drug tests. Our first-class technicians and customer service specialists work hard to make sure your experience is a positive one. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.