Outrageous a/c repair quote

Gillece service man quotes $2495.65 to replace contactor & capacitor. Material cost is under $100.

Labor 1 hour. Quote was unreasonable to say the least. Unethical & unscrupulous! !

! 100 words is quite a bit and I really did not have any more to say but I am supposed to enter at least 100 words and I was done with unscrupulous, although if I have to use 100 words minimum then I guess I will. Ugh only 63.

OK. I was upset with Gillece for giving us such an unreasonable service quote but now I'm upset that I have to type in many more words just to submit this complaint.

Gillece Services Reply:
We appreciate your feedback. Gillece wants to make sure that you have the finest possible customer experience with us. Although your comments were posted anonymously, which makes it difficult for us to determine if you are a real customer, we want to handle your issue and provide you with effective and efficient service. Please contact the industry ranked #1 customer service team at 412-831-6199.
Gillece is proudly the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. We have been assisting homeowners with their Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, for over 30 years. In order to serve our customer’s busy schedules, our services offer flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge to you. We even offer up-front, no-hassle prices with a same day service guarantee!
Gillece Service Technicians have fully-stocked service trucks with all available parts so they are able to get the job done quickly. You can be comfortable with who you let into your home, because all of our technicians undergo background checks and drug tests. Our first-class technicians and customer service specialists work hard to make sure your experience is a positive one. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

JOIN THE ANTI-GILLECE GROUP ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Do-NOT-call-Gillece/226228****68963

I know for a fact the capacitors are under $3.00. They are unbelievable...I was charged over $400....NEVER Again.

Loss

Incompetent workers and outragous pricing

I had some plumbing work done and after 1200 dollars for a job that should have cost 700 dollars my problem was fixed on 10/06/2012 sounds great right? until 07/17/2013 when i no longer had water pressure so I got out the written guarantee that said 12 months parts and labor.

when I called for repair first i was told that there was a service charge(is this not labor cost?) they tell me someone is on the way and then 1 hour and 45 minutes later i call them and they tell me soon. He shows up looks at the pipe says oh yeah no problem with that but i can do a whole different job for only 700 dollars more. Meantime I had 3 people from the water company tell me that this part is the problem.

No one cared no one fixed it i requested to speak to someone in charge and was never heard i e mailed with no response Moral of the story? NEVER CALL GILESE OR EVER LET THEM DO ANY WORK IN YOUR HOME!!

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you so much for your comments. We want you the customer to have the best experience at Gillece and strongly appreciate your feedback. It makes it challenging for us to determine whether you are a real customer because you posted your comments anonymously. Please take advantage of us having the #1 ranked customer service team in the industry by giving us a call at 412-831-6199. We want to listen to your issue first hand in order to provide you with timely, quality service.
Gillece is your one stop spot for your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. For over 30 years, we have been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area! We want to make sure that your experience is a positive one, so we expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists. We are proud of the fact that we provide service with flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. We even offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
You will be comfortable with who you are letting into your home, because all of our technicians undergo background checks and drug tests. Gillece Service Technicians are able to get to work right away at your home because our vans are fully-stocked with all available parts so they can get the job done quickly. We are the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

Total Scam

Called gillece when we found that the heater downstairs was not running. the guy told me it would take $1800 to replace the heater fan and a part that sits behind it but even that would be a temp fix and in all probability need the heater replaced.

after thinking some asked the guy to go ahead and just when he was about to start, some bulb in my head went off and checked the reviews online which were horrible. so asked the guy to not ahead with it and would get a second opinion. the guy seemed to agree and actually gave me the # of a company he worked in the past and would receommend as they would do the work for lot less. called them...they estimated $232 ( parts and labor ) but told me they could not do the work until the next day.

my husband got the part in the meantime and did the work himself...part was $100...so the estimate of 232 seemed reasonable to me. but GILLECE gave me a total scam estimate

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your feedback. Gillece wants to provide first-rate customer experience, so we greatly appreciate your comments. We want to provide you with quality service, but since you posted your comments anonymously, it is challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. We would appreciate if you contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1, in the industry so we can listen to your issue and make improvements for the future. Please call us at 412-831-6199.
Gillece is here to help when it comes to your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. We have proudly been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years. We want to make sure your experience is a positive one, so we expect and accept nothing less than first-class treatment and assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists. We proudly serve our busy customers by providing flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. In addition, we offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
Gillece Service Technicians’ trucks are fully-stocked with all available parts so they are able to get to work right away and finish the job quickly. All of our technicians undergo background checks and drug tests, so you will be comfortable with whom you are letting into your home. Gillece is the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

You should have called your husband in the first place lady.

You want service from people you need to pay for it.

Like the saying goes, gas cash or ***, no one rides for free. Your husband gets ***, so you rode for free. It don't work like that in the real world, yooz need to pay the man if you want things done around your house.

Loss

Gillece is the biggest scam company around

Gillece charged an 86 year old woman $600.00 to spend 10 minutes in her house flipping on the main breaker. that amounts to $3600.00 per hour.

The technician states on the receipt that he did a full diagnostic of the electrical service including the outside disconnect. tightened all the lugs in the panel and turned on the main breaker to restore power to the 1 bedroom trailer. It's amazing how much he was able to accomplish in 10 minutes. This is an 86 year old woman on a fixed income.

A classic case of taking advantage of our elderly citizens. RIP OFF!!!!!!

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your comments. We appreciate all feedback because we want you to have an outstanding experience and will do what it takes to continue to improve in the future. Since you posted your comments anonymously, it makes it difficult for us to determine if you are a real customer. In order to have your issue listened to first hand and be provided with timely, quality service, we want you to contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry. Call us at 412-831-6199.
When it comes to your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, Gillece has been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for more than 30 years! Our customer service specialists and technicians are some of the best in the business and we expect outstanding service from them to make sure that your experience is a positive one. To accommodate our customers, we provide flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge as well as offering a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices.
All of our technicians undergo drug tests and background checks so you feel comfortable with whom you are letting into your home. Our fully-stocked service trucks come equip with all available parts, Gillece Service Technicians are able to get to work right away and get the job done quickly. We are the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

I would have let her sit in the dark. Like the soup notzy on Seinfield! NO SOUP FOR YOU!

In Pittsburgh, there is another company that engages in the same behavior that has been reported by victims of Gillece. I would definitely send your complaints and evidence about Gillece to the Attorney General, the BBB, the FTC, and Paul Van Osdol at WTAE; however, I would also recommend doing the same for victims of Mr.

Rooter of Pittsburgh. Even with evidence of breach of contract and of poor workmanship and Mr. Rooter of Pittsburgh has ignored my Mother's and my requests for them to make it right. Mr.

Rooter of Pittsburgh and Gillece sound like the same company with regards to their behavior.

The way these companies treat consumers, taking advantage of them, isn't right.

Complain to the BBB and Attorney General's office the Attorney General is doing an investiagtion on them you can also call channel 4 WTAE and speak to Paul Van Osdol about what happened to you. If anyone reading this feels as though they were taken advantage of by Gillece be sure to do all of the above. WTAE's phone number is 412-244-**** and be sure to ask for or leave a message for Paul Van Osdol.

Highway Robbery! That's Terrible!

Loss

Gillece still ripping off consumers

15' total length of plastic drain pipe to one sink, a tub, and a toilet.7 hrs. and $7000.00. Seriously, when will an attorney step up to the plate and help those who are continually taken advantage of by this vulture of a company.

Tearing up somebody's home and not cleaning it up when you leave is very unprofessional. If it wasn't enough that Gillece's costs FAR exceed those of any competitor, they leave a house an elderly couple who prides themselves on the cleanliness of, with more hours cleaning needed than those of the "service" Gillece provided. For $7000 The Vultures made enough profit to send a professional cleaning company in to do the WHOLE house.

Un*******believable that this continues without any adds from the legal community offering assistance. After all they seem to offer assistance for anything else. How long will the Gillecing...........er.........fleecing be allowed to continue?

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your comments. At Gillece, we want to give you the finest customer experience possible. You commented anonymously, which makes it difficult to determine if you are a real customer. We want your issues to be listened to first hand so you can be provided with prompt and effective service. The Gillece Customer Service team is ranked #1 in the industry. Please give us a call at 412-831-6199.
Gillece has been serving the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years and is here to help with your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. We expect and accept nothing less than top-notch help from our technicians and customer service specialists. In order to make sure that your experience is a positive one, we cater to customer’s needs by providing evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. We proudly offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
Gillece Service Technicians get work done quickly yet effectively thanks to our fully-stocked service trucks that have all available parts. We are the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

As another business owner checking on competition I am amazed at people who complain about price knowing they were given an upfront price to fix the problem and had the option to get other prices, these guys do charge a mint but you can only be mad at yourself

Attorneys are the BIGGEST CROOKS

I have read many reviews, do you people all live in caves. Gillece has been scaming people for years, and they still seem to find people to rip off.

All of these customers called them, really who is to blame?

For those interested in filing a class action lawsuit I would suggest speaking to a few attorneys in the area specializing in class actions. i strongly believe that a class action is LONG OVERDUE

www.peircelaw.com/Class-Action/

lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/class-actions-plaintiff/pittsburgh/pennsylvania

Ripped me off

Had a tech out cost me 95 dollars for the tech to tell me i need a new furnace and a/c unit. Guess how much they wanted 14,500.

Hahahahah I almost died. Called another company next day a/c was fixed under 300 dollars. I couldn't believe what they tried to do. Got me for 95 guess its better than 14,500.

Nuts. This company needs shut down. Class action suit sign me up. Please someone stop this company from ripping people off.

How are they still in business.

Tom Gillece I bet you have trouble sleeping at night. Your a no good pig.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for comments. Gillece appreciates all feedback as we want to provide the best possible customer experience. You posted your comments anonymously, which makes it challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry so we can listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service. Call 412-831-6199.
When it comes to your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, Gillece is here to help. We have been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for more than 30 years! We expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists to make sure that your experience is a positive one. We provide service with flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. We even offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
Our technicians all undergo background checks and drug tests so you can be sure to be comfortable with who you are letting into your home. Gillece Service Technicians are able to get to work right away and get the job done quickly because our vans are fully-stocked service trucks with all available parts. The only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece at 412-831-6199.

Customer Service

Needed an air conditioner repaired. Got suspicious when they keep insisting the "Homeowner" was present.

I traveled 2 hour to be at this property only to have them cancel at 9:15 PM. The customer service person said I could have my son's girlfriend there the next day. I had indicated that I would be 1 hour away and could head to the property when a service tech would arrive. The "customer service" person figured out my son's girlfriend was there and rerouted the service tech.

I contacted the most rudest person who spouted "company policy" that the home owner has to be there. I left my job and instructed the girl to reroute the service tech. She said I would have to now wait till that service tech completed the job. My wife and I got very upset with this women and we let her know our displeasure.

HERE IS THE GOOD PART!!!! She let me drive over 1 hour from Weirton WV and wait almost 3 hours before she called and " said they didn't want to do business with us" I wouldn't ever do business with this company. We contacted multiple companies that were available in a day or two. Actually we contacted Boehmer Heating and cooling.

They routed a service tech within 1 hour.

Job got completed.

I regret not looking for customer complaints before calling this company. STAY AWAY they might be large has new high profile vans but not very responsible people.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece appreciates your feedback as we want to provide first-rate customer experience. We want to listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service, but since you posted your comments anonymously, it makes it challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, so we can effectively and efficiently work on your problem or answer any questions you might have. Please call us at 412-831-6199.
Serving homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years, Gillece is your one stop spot for your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. Our technicians and customer service specialists are the best in the business and we expect and accept nothing less than superior assistance from them. Our customers come first. That’s why we provide flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional cost. We also offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices. We want your experience to be a positive one.
We have all of the Gillece Service Technicians undergo background checks and drug tests so you can be sure to be comfortable in your home during the time of service. Our fully-stocked service trucks have all available parts so the technicians are able to get the job done quickly and effectively. Gillece is the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

Did you think the reason you were cancelled is because of your attitude? Who would want to service someone who admittedly yelled at a customer service rep who isn't even responsible for your situation and as you put is just doing their job?

the reason the home owner has to be present is because the company can be sued if work is authorized to be done by someone other than woo owns the home. obviously if gillece came in and Gave your sons girlfriend an for thousands of dollars worth of work to be done and she Ok'd the work without your consent, you'd be pretty upset and getting your money back would have been a nightmare, if not impossible.

trust me.

not saying that she would do such a thing without your consent, but it's happened before. that's why it's company policy.

@PissedConsumer682356

Oh look a gillece employee

I agree that you were very lucky that they cancelled. Many others were not so lucky...hence the complaints on this website and many others. Horror stories :sigh

You are very lucky that they canceled... they would have ripped you off

@PissedConsumer677267

And then promptly sued you when you told us about how they ripped you off! Or maybe they'll sue me for telling you that they'd sue you! They'll just sue us all for speaking their name!!!!

View more comments (5)
Loss

Treat customers badly, never on time

I originally scheduled to have them come to my home on Monday. I waited four hours till finally calling back.

They said they were running a little behind and to wait till 8pm. Another four hours later I called back and they tell me they can't make it. So I ask if they can come out in the morning before I leave for work at 12pm.They agree with confidence and said don't worry. We will put a note to have you done by 11 so you can have an hour to get to work on time.

So the next morning I wake at 7am waiting for them to come by as scheduled. I wait till 10 am in the morning! I finally call them and ask where are you? Your man surely has to be close by now?

They said no he will be there at. 1 pm. I tell them no this is not what we agreed on last night. She blew me off with a chuckle and said she doesn't know what I am talking about.

And that I didn't call them to schedule. Unbelievable I said. And I hung up knowing I am never going to do business with this place again.

Highly unorganized and very rude. By far the worst service I have ever witnessed.

Gillece Services Reply:

God was looking out for you that day by not sending these crooks to your house....be grateful!

$19.95 Safety Check Gillece Scam

Update by user Jun 08, 2013

Edit -- not sure why it says $19 oil change at the top

Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2013

My story goes back a few months ago when my fiance called gillece for their so called “$19.95 furnace check”. We live in a condo community and it is required that we have our Ac and furnace checked yearly and we have never once had an issue.

Our systems have always run flawlessly. We normally had a guy who would come and check our system and do basic maintenance each year but unfortunately he passed away. Filter changes, basic things. My fiance saw Gillece’s $19.95 “special” for a furnace check and decided to call them and get it out of the way before we decided on a new service company since the deadline was nearing.

BIG mistake! I was unfortunately out of town for the week that they came to do the check. Wish I wasn’t....

They came to our condo and did their little check and told her our furnace was riddled with problems. It was emitting dangerous levels, this was broken, that was broken, the whole deal.

She couldn’t believe it, our furnace was less than four years old and was always maintained. She asked the service man why our detectors never went off since it was emitting so much CO and the guy simply told her “i don’t know”. He tallied up the bill - $2645.67 worth of repairs! That was almost as much as our furnace cost when it was installed.

When she asked for a breakdown of the bill he told her they couldn’t do that...what!!!! Never in my life have I encountered a business that will not show a breakdown of the bill. Luckily she said no and kicked him out, and ended up calling another company, Sauer Bros, who said all we needed was a new filter which cost around $35, about $65 total when you add their travel fee, oh and by the way they also did a check on my furnace and it passed with flying colors. When people say this company is nothing but a bunch of ripoffs, they aren’t kidding.

Stay far away. I am extremely disappointed. Also to add when I called Gillece’s customer service so they could explain themselves to me I was basically given some generic bs response and ignored, told someone would call me back and I never heard from them again. Now I hear they’re suing people for writing bad reviews.

This company just keeps proving themselves to be worse and worse. I had to pay 20 dollars to find out about them the hard way but reading other reviews I consider myself lucky that i only had to pay that much. By the way, they refused to refund the $20.

And if Tom Gillece would like to know who I am so he can sue me also, I’d gladly mail him my picture with my full biography. ***!

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece appreciates your feedback as we want to provide a first-rate customer experience. We expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists to make sure that your experience is a positive one. We are committed to service, which is why we provide flexible scheduling by being fully staffed with office and field personnel seven days a week, 365 days a year. We know that each member of our team plays an important role in your service experience. Our courteous Customer Care Representatives and professional Technicians have years of experience and knowledge of the latest industry trends to provide the best all-around service for you and your home. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, so we can effectively and efficiently work on your problem or answer any questions you might have. Please call us at 412-831-6199.

Gillece would be more than happy to talk to you about your situation and see how we can help. Please contact Gillece Customer Service at 412.831.6199. Have a great day.

Hahaha...good one!

Paid 8X what is normally charged

On Memorial Day weekend, I called to have a drain unclogged. After a bit, the fellow told me I needed the line replaced.

He charged 2449. It took two hours. I was devastated. I later found out, a reputable plumber would have charged $300.

No itemized bill plus he did not do what he wrote down. No going thru the statement. I was very ***, I should have known better. I am a senior citizen (63) beware of them and a plumber named Gerry T.

He never showed me that the line was plugged, he mysteriously took the line. He did not put in a vent line, which he said he did, but he had no reason to do so. The scary thing was he took time to bill my credit card, called someone inside my house, then went into his van and just sat there for 20 minutes. Its almost like he was pondering, do I rip this guy off or not??

He chose to do so.

Good tidings to him, just be advised that this type of person and behavior is what you get from this place. STAY AWAY

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece appreciates your feedback as we want to provide a first-rate customer service experience. All of our Plumbers, Electricians and HVAC Service Technicians have extensive knowledge of the latest trends and technology as well as years of experience in the industry. Our Technicians also undergo customer-service training so they can successfully communicate with you about what works best for your home. Our Customer Service team was ranked #1 in the industry and is ready to help you with your needs. Call 412-831-6199.

Gillece Customer Service would be more than happy to help you with your specific situation. Please contact us immediately so that we can see how we can help. Thank you for using Gillece.

Call Gillece - 412.831.6199

@Gillece S

Biz, don't call them theyll just try to sue u as well for complaining. right, gillece?

greedy *** add some more people to ur *** "defamation" lawsuit.

99.00 drain clean?

My drain from the bath tub was backed up so I called Gillece because they advertised a 99.00 rate to clear a clogged drain.I already had the drain apart and my hand held snake would not clear it,so all they had to do was run power snake down it which took maybe 15 minutes..they charged me over 300.00 and gave me all these liabilty reasons (they might break pipe),etc..I guess the 99.00 rate is if they do not have to do anything,must be a service call charge?.Will never use them again,huge ripoff and nothing you can do about it.

Really rake you

Had trouble with them in the past so I don't knw why we bothered having then out again. DON'T call Gillece.

First off they are NEVER on time and the prices they quote you they rake you. The prices they quotes are like hundreds of dollar more than it should be

I was told my AC needed the coils acid washed and it would cost $800. I just had another HVAC Tech out and he said it didn't even need done and if it did the acid was to clean it cost $8.95 a bottle and you can do it yourself with a garden hose.

The entire job Gilliece quoted about 3 grand for repairs plus said to ''just get new ones and pick then out today''. The second opinion was under 150 and no talk of new units.

Don't call Gillece. They only want to line their pockets with your money. Over charge for repairs and do unneeded ones.

How are they still in business????

Shut off valves

The bathroom sink was leaking underneath and I saw the water coming from the shut off valves. I called my husband who was out of town(and really knows nothing about plumbing nor do I) and he said call GIllece.

I called and they promptly came out. The young man was very nice and after looking at the valves (and trying to sell me everything from new faucets to new vanities) gave me a quote of over $600 to replace these valves. I do a little DIY and thought this was a lot high but wasn't sure so I called my husband. He said what choice did we have and let them fix it.

So the young man replaced the valves...in ten minutes and that's when I really got suspicious. After talking to people at work the next day, aI found out this was more like $20 for valves and for 10 minutes work maybe $50. I contacted Gillece and after some discusion they agreed to refund me $125. So I ended up paying $475 for a less than $100 job.

I tell everyone I know this story and of course will never reccommend them to anyone.

I will gladly give my name if Mr. Gillece would like to know who wrote this.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your comments. We appreciate all feedback because we want you to have an outstanding experience and will do what it takes to continue to improve in the future. Our Plumbers, HVAC Service Technicians and Electricians have years of experience and knowledge of the latest industry trends and technology. All technicians are not only technically proficient, but also are trained in customer-service and communication skills so they can effectively communicate with you about what service is right for your home. In order to have your issue listened to first hand and be provided with timely, quality service, we want you to contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry. Call us at 412-831-6199.

next time do it your self off you tube and flood your house, then you be beggin someone to come and wish you paid that $

$50 does not pay for the trucks gas to come out let alone to get the parts, stock them and pay all the tech's wages, taxs, fica, uc, and over head and theres no profit in a $100.00 . So get the $100 out of your head.

You got some money back that you dont deserve so you should shut your mouth.

If I cut your grass for $200 and you bitched I'd tell you go to *** lady. Get some our landscaper to cut your grass and deal with your ten ft high grass.

#652034

Idk about this complaint to be honest. I mean if you lack the ability to fix something, and have to rely on someone else to do it, it's kind of on you to pay what that company wants.

Besides, you should have asked for a quote first. A few minutes of Google researched probably would have showed you how to do it yourself...

UPDATE 5/13/13

i called gillece back because of their posting to my complaint. i talked to a manager named tom.

he reviewed my complaint and called back within 15 minutes, offering a $200 additional refund.

this puts my cost at $250, much more reasonable than the original $600. thanks tom!

lol

@skippie900

Customer satisfaction is a priority at Gillece. If you are not satisfied with the current resolution, please contact us today and we will be more than happy to talk to you about your specific situation. Thanks for being a Gillece customer.

@Gillece S

@gillece this lawsuit your pursing seems to be gaining a lot of negative attention directed at you. maybe your company should have put more thought into this and tried to see it from a PR view instead of just a legal one now ur getting a bunch of negative attention u probably wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

people don't like it when they think their first admendment rights are threatened. i see this turning rather messy for you, u should re-think this while u still can.

what if it gains national attention?

@PissedConsumer647489

someone should send them a picture of barbara streisand's house

I saw their story on channel 4 tonight and I can't even believe it. Bullying customers and ex-employees with legal action -- it's just sickening that a company would go to such lengths.

I haven't used them and trust me I never will, but I have 2 close friends who did and had very bad experiences. This ridiculous lawsuit just further shows what kind of people are running this company. Cut off your nose to spite your face. You aren't going to get business when people see how badly you treat your critics.

People shouldn't have to be afraid to say what they feel about a company. Just sick.

@PissedConsumer644807

Gillece and Mr. Rooter act the same way...Unfortunately...

View more comments (9)

Gillece is suing authors of negative reviews - READ

Please be advised that Gillece Service is in the process of suing customers over reviews on multiple websites including (but not limited to) angieslist, pissedconsumer, & complaintsboard. They are seeking $1,000,000 in damages and demanding that all negative reviews be removed.

They have hired a private internet investigator to track the supposed IP’s of individuals that they believe have left negative (in their words, defamatory, false statements). This is not the first time a company has gone about attempting to sue individuals for negative reviews online and truthfully the companies almost never win, but be advised that if you are one of the individuals who have been named in this lawsuit you do have rights. Gillece is requesting all computer information from specific times and dates which is including but not limited to, every writing, drawing, graph, chart, photograph, sound recordings, and images. Furthermore, they are also requesting the type of connection, usernames and passwords (including personal e-mail), telephone called ID information, mailing addresses for both your residence and place of business, your primary e-mail address, and any alternate e-mail addresses and passwords, all of your telephone numbers, fax numbers, a detailed log history, a detailed record of every IP address that has been allocated to the account, and MAC address.

This means that Gillece will have access to very personal and sensitive information, including your personal e-mails, bank account information (if you do online banking or have your information stored in your computer), any medical information that may have been transmitted electronically, etc. If you do not want Gillece to have the information (and why would you???), you may attempt to have this motion quashed by speaking to an attorney as soon as possible. Gillece has no right to have access to this information and by attempting to sue people over negative reviews, that paints them in a whole new light. Not only is that a horrible business practice, but if the media gets wind of what they are trying to do just imagine the negative impact this could have on their already tarnished reputation.

Gillece needs to stop bullying their customers. They are claiming that before these claims were made (most of which were posted in 2012) that they had a sterling reputation and have always upheld a 97% customer satisfaction rating. For a company that previously had an “F” rating with the BBB in 2010 when they were investigated by channel 4 WTAE, and now only has a “C” rating and well over 100 complaints with the BBB, one would hardly consider that to be a “sterling” reputation. The lawsuit can be seen here: https://dcr.alleghenycounty.us/DisplayImage.asp?gPDFOH=vol1191%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%200000****&CaseID=GD-13-00****&DocketType=COMPL&SeqNumber=1 and if that link does not work, go to https://dcr.alleghenycounty.us/SelectCaseID.asp?filename=Welcome.htm&NoLoginRequired=yes and enter docket number GD-13-00**** and at the bottom of the page click the “document” link.

Gillece is trying to silence those that they believe have damaged their reputation. The truth is, Gillece has done this to themselves with their unscrupulous and unethical business practices. What we have only done is voiced our opinions, and there is proof to back our statements up. Nothing we have said has been “defamatory” or “false”, even by calling the company a rip-off or a scam - that is still a matter of opinion and this opinion is not limited to just one person.

Under the First Amendment we have the freedom of speech. I understand there are laws and sometimes a fine line between “freedom of speech” and “defamatory statements”, but for Gillece to assume that what we are saying is false is just ridiculous. This is a result of their bad character and poor response to customer concerns and complaints. These complaint boards are specifically designed for just that - complaints.

These are here to express our opinions regarding a company, share our experiences and knowledge regarding them in hopes to warn others. By fighting back, either by motion to quash or going to court, we need to show them that we stand behind our statements and we will not be bullied by them, as they have done enough of this to too many people. Gillece needs to learn how to deal with negative responses the right way, and suing people is the exact opposite of that.

This just further goes to show how low this company really is and what they will stoop to. Do not let them win.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your comments. We appreciate all feedback because we want you to have an outstanding experience and will do what it takes to continue to improve in the future. We have been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for more than 30 years and want to continue to be your go to for trusted and experienced service. All employees go through drug tests and background checks so you can be sure to be comfortable with who you are letting into your home. In order to have your issue listened to first hand and be provided with timely, quality service, we want you to contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry. Call us at 412-831-6199.

They should sue these people. Anyone who spouts off on the internet with any defamatory or libelous *** should be sued straight into the ground.

You DO NOT have free speech when it comes to harming other people.

You ARE accountable for your behavior whether you like it or not.

Frankly, the only people I see that have a problem with this... are dirty, hateful, ugly inside people.

Saw this on the news. How pathetic of them.

I absolutely won't be using Gillece now if they're this quick to sue.

The repairman might stub his toe on my property and they might sue me. I'll just call and recommend a different company.

@PissedConsumer648564

I guess I should add the above is JUST MY OPINION AND NOT LIBEL so Gillece lawyers don't try and come after me as well. I shouldn't have to even say what I just said on a complaints website no less!! So much for freedom of expression :?

I got a subpoena today. And no I'm not going to post it per advice of my lawyer.

So keep sitting there in denial, guys. ITS REAL

@PissedConsumer639154

contact paul van osdol at wtae..he would like to talk to you

@PissedConsumer639207

Lawyer advised against it unless it goes to trial (specific circumstances). But there are others out there please contact WTAE asap

ComplaintsBoard.com is only a platform for consumers to post complaints; ComplaintsBoard.com does not lookup or provides e-mail addresses for the subject businesses.

For Companies and Individuals:

6. Q: Can we reply to a posting? Can we address the issue raised in the posting?

A: Yes. Under each posting made on the website there is an area for comments. A company wishing to engage with a consumer about a topic can submit a comment to original posting. We recommend that a company leave its customer service contact information: phone, name, etc. under the post for the benefit of all consumers who may have similar issues.

from pissed consumer

7. Q: Can a review be removed from our website?

A: A post may be removed from our website either by order of a court or by a user complying with our removal procedures discussed above. PissedConsumer may also consider the removal of a posting, should we determine that a user is in violation of our Terms of Service.

@PissedConsumer638003

Waiting for copy and paste of transcript

@PissedConsumer638003

I mean lets forget the fact that you can copy and paste the link above and see the actual lawsuit itself its like some of you are in denial that gillece is and could actually do this. Before you sit around saying "no no no" to yourselves take a look at the lawsuit for gods sake. It's not bs

.....................................

View more comments (16)
ID

Drain clean scam, claim collapsed pipe.

Called Gillece for their $99 drain cleaning special. The drain for our laundry/kitchen sink/dishwasher was backing up into the basement.

Gillece came out the next day. The first guy there said he couldn't do too much since he was in an accident last week so his coworker would be by in 15 mins and they would work on it together. They both did a lot of walking around. Said they tried to snake it but the snake couldn't get past whatever was down there. Suddenly a 3rd car pulled up to help with this clog. Then they told me they put the camera down there and that our pipe had collapsed. Right away they started taking out their equipment to get started fixing it. I asked them how much and they said well if we just have to fix the collapsed pipe it will be $6200!!!!! If we find that this drain connects to the storm drain system we will have to connect it to the sanitary sewer and that will cost $13,000. Are you kidding me. $13,000.

We told them to hit the road. Called another plumber and the next day they were able to clear the "collapsed" drain to the tune of $200. Looks like we dodged a bullet. Beware this company, they are all scam artists dressed as plumbers.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your feedback. Gillece wants to provide a first-rate customer experience, so we greatly appreciate your comments. Our company was built on trust, ambition, and compassion. We have been serving homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years. All of our Plumbers, HVAC Service Technicians and Electricians have years of experience in the industry and are up to date with the newest trends and technology. In addition to being technically proficient, they are also trained in customer service skills so they can successfully communicate with you about what service is best for you and your family. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, to have your issue listened to and be provided with quality service.

glad you didnt fall for their lies..guess the GILLES CLOG CRUSHER failed and they must have brought the wallet buster..

SPREAD THE WORD ON THESE THIEVES........

The drain cleaning guys aren't even legitimate plumbers most of the time and aren't paid an hourly wage, they only get paid on commission - meaning the only way they see a paycheck is if they successfully rip you off and convince you that you need this unnecessary, ridiculously priced job. I'm glad you were smart enough to see through it and called somebody else.

Unfortunately some aren't as lucky and fall for the scam because as I'm sure you noticed, they tend to use hard sale tactics and sometimes scare tactics. I bet they told you something along the lines of "we have a crew in your neighborhood right now and can get started right away blah blah blah..." That's one of their infamous sales lines

@PissedConsumer635503

Be sure to tell everyone you can about this rip off scam company. The more people who are aware of them and their seedy sales practices, the less chance they have of claiming another victim.

Remember, if it doesn't sound right be sure to get a second opinion like this original poster did! Never ever EVER sign on the dotted line when Gillece comes to your home to "repair" a problem because its very likely that "problem" either doesn't exist or is at least 3x as much as it should be!

@PissedConsumer635503

How long until gillece sues the poster and everyone commenting on here?