Gillece - Drain Repair Review from Bellevue, Pennsylvania

Yes, called to get my outside drain unclog, was told that I was next on the board....

Got an called hours later an the tech can' t come until tomorrow between 8-12, what an emergency company...... hope it don't rain anymore tonight...... thanks Gillece....hope the tech enjoys the game tonight.......

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your comments. We appreciate all feedback because we want our customers to have an outstanding experience and will do what it takes to improve in the future. Gillece has been serving Pittsburgh homeowners for the past 30 years. We are proud of the fact that we provide flexible scheduling seven days a week and 365 days a year. Each member of our team plays an important part of your experience which is why we make sure our Customer Care Representative and Technicians are courteous and professional by providing the best all-around service to you and your home. In order to have your issue listened to first hand and be provided with timely, quality service, we want you to contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry. Call us at 412-831-6199.

Shower was dripping.

Replaced a few parts. Understandable: $65 for showing up, Not unreasonable: $100 for less than an hour labor.

UNBELIEVABLE: $397 for one part of a Moen 3 part set that lists for $49m at Lowes. The guy wanted to take the old part with him so as not to leave any "incriminating evidence". He did act rather sheepish when presenting the bill, (parts, not labor or show up cost warranted for a year) but was sure to get all signatures and claimed he didn't know how much the price of the part was until he went to fetch it.

But he did present me with a $25 cupon good for the next time I "Call Gillece".

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate comments as they allow us to learn and continue to grow as a company in the future. We have been serving Pittsburghers for the past 30 years! Gillece is proud of the fact that our company was built on ambition, trust and compassion. We pledge to offer up-front, no-hassle prices and offer fast, friendly financing so your experience with our services are stress-free. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, so we can effectively and efficiently work on any problem you might have or answer your questions. Call us at 412-831-6199.
Loss

Backed up drain in basement

Adam Carson tec(beware of this guy!!! Total crook scam artist!!)

So I called for a backed up floor drain in basement. Came out a day later after a fri night cancel. Snaked the drain and un clogged drain. Then came the sales pitch, while watching the camera, he said I had *** in pipe and tree roots that invaded the pipe. Told me basement had to be dug up and pipes replaced. 15,0000 to 20,000 and had to be done right away! I called another plumber who said he could pinpoint break in line and replace a 10 ft section for 1200.

He came out a few days later a put a camera down to pinpoint hole. And then told me that there was no hole in my pipes and besides a little build up( fat and soap---normal), that the pipes were actually in good shape. I told him that I visualized *** when he put the America down, he then told me that it common knowledge the gillece uses tapped DVD from other peoples problem pipes to convense you that your sewer is damaged. WTF! Are you kidding me? That is criminal!! How are they allowed to scam people like that? BBB has them as an *** rating. Went from 15,000 to 120o buck to I need nothing !

STAY AWAY FROM GILLECE!! If Adam Carson comes....call the police!!

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for comments. Gillece appreciates all feedback as we want to provide the best possible customer experience. You posted your comments anonymously, which makes it challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry so we can listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service. Call 412-831-6199.
When it comes to your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, Gillece is here to help. We have been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for more than 30 years! We expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists to make sure that your experience is a positive one. We provide service with flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. We even offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
Our technicians all undergo background checks and drug tests so you can be sure to be comfortable with who you are letting into your home. Gillece Service Technicians are able to get to work right away and get the job done quickly because our vans are fully-stocked service trucks with all available parts. The only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece at 412-831-6199.

Actually to b fair the technology for cameras now does not allow a play back option as some slicksters have used in the past with DVDs they make you watch, most now actually record to a hard drive so playback would be very obvious, hope that helps but it's possible maybe you weren't shown the whole line by your second plumber? I had these guys out before and they showed me my face with the camera so I knew it wasn't faked. They did quote me a price that was a good chunk of money but I have a relative who does excavation for a living who hooked me up so never got to shop them around

Wow

Ex-HVAC service tech

I am a HVAC service tech that worked for the company several years ago. First off, I didn't want to apply to the company to begin with because I heard they had a bad rep but wasn't really sure what for.

I had applied online for a job but the application didn't review who the company was. Which honestly isn't that uncommon. I had been on unemployment for awhile and when they offered me the job I debated it for awhile but since they were offering a substantial amount I couldn't refuse. I later understood why they were offering so much to me.

First thing I noticed was that they focused heavily on sales. They honestly don't care if you fix anything as long as you are selling. The other so called technicians I worked with had little to no training in the field at all. One guy had never even went to trade school and he was totally lost.

Not only is that wrong to put hm in that situation but its dangerous. Not to mention illegal since he wasn't EPA certified to handle refrigerant. The only training the company offers (or mandates) is sales training. Everything that goes on in the office is extremely shady!

You cant Evan walk into the office they keep the building locked down like fort knox. I guess that's because now many people have been scammed by these crooks. Their prices are 3 and 4 times higher than anywhere I've ever worked. Oh did I mention several of the employees carry guns!!!!

I seen one office worker with a bullet proof vest in his office!!!!! No lie. No exaggeration. They know there is a problem, but as long as people are willing to call them they will continue to rip people off.

The problem is people get desperate when the AC stops working in the middle of summer and they think its the end of the world. Instead of waiting for a more reputable, ccompany, they call Gillece. Who normally isn't that busy. Anytime you plan on bringing a contractor into your home you need to do some research.

Now more and more people are, but the elderly don't. They still think that the majority of people are good and not crooks like Gillece! I didn't work on commission so I had no reason to pressure customers. And I often, after I would be asked to leave a customers house, because of the outrageous prices, would offer them my personal service to fix their problem.

I never stole anything from the company, I had my own materials they were not aware of. The company itself isn't breaking any laws. Their prices may be high, but as consumers you have to do your research. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

I'm not defending them. But honestly as Americans we have become spoiled, and we think if the AC or Furnace quits its the end of the world. And when you rush to make a decision you might wind up paying too much.

But in their defense, once you've called everyone else and they can't come out for a week or two and Gillece can be there and fix your problem that day, your gonna have to pay for that convienence. Plain and simple.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece appreciates your feedback as we want to provide first-rate customer experience. We want to listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service, but since you posted your comments anonymously, it makes it challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, so we can effectively and efficiently work on your problem or answer any questions you might have. Please call us at 412-831-6199.
Serving homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years, Gillece is your one stop spot for your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. Our technicians and customer service specialists are the best in the business and we expect and accept nothing less than superior assistance from them. Our customers come first. That’s why we provide flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional cost. We also offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices. We want your experience to be a positive one.
We have all of the Gillece Service Technicians undergo background checks and drug tests so you can be sure to be comfortable in your home during the time of service. Our fully-stocked service trucks have all available parts so the technicians are able to get the job done quickly and effectively. Gillece is the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

They are *** crooks and should be shot!!

ID

Furnace tune-up, minimal service provided, high pressure sales for additional services

Had Gillece in to do a furnace tune-up. Asked specifically about fan noise. Technician looked over the furnace, did none of the service normally provided (cleaning of heat transfer surfaces, jets, fan blades, etc.). Tried to sell my wife $3,500 electrostatic cleaner, then a $700 filter, then finally talked her into a strap hanger on the exhaust pipe. Oh, the fan is OK, even though it rattles...

Complaint is that the work expected was not performed, the work that was done (at extra cost), was done sloppily, and, if my wife was not so tough, he might talk a softer person into spending thousands extra.

I think I need a more reputable service company.

Gillece Services Reply:
We appreciate your feedback. Gillece wants to make sure that you have the finest possible customer experience with us. Although your comments were posted anonymously, which makes it difficult for us to determine if you are a real customer, we want to handle your issue and provide you with effective and efficient service. Please contact the industry ranked #1 customer service team at 412-831-6199.
Gillece is proudly the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. We have been assisting homeowners with their Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, for over 30 years. In order to serve our customer’s busy schedules, our services offer flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge to you. We even offer up-front, no-hassle prices with a same day service guarantee!
Gillece Service Technicians have fully-stocked service trucks with all available parts so they are able to get the job done quickly. You can be comfortable with who you let into your home, because all of our technicians undergo background checks and drug tests. Our first-class technicians and customer service specialists work hard to make sure your experience is a positive one. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.
ID

Hired then fired in first hour after I introduced myself

I was hired for plumber apprentice job because I had no plumbing experience. Bought some tools, left my other job after two week notice...

After I introduced myself and learned some sales training I was trained on backing with a trailer for the other driving job I applied for there.... I was told I can go home from the warehouse, Then without knowing when to come back I called the scheduler and interviewer and he told me I lacked sales/communication skills. Which was not brought up at the interview. He said he would get back to me when I stated I did not know I was on a trial bases.

When he called back he said I would be on call and would use my car to travel the western pa area to the work sites to "gain my confidence".

So false advertising and bad interviewer. They only want high end sales and to deter what they call quick fixes because they have a lot of overhead from all the vans they have.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you so much for your comments. We want you the customer to have the best experience at Gillece and strongly appreciate your feedback. It makes it challenging for us to determine whether you are a real customer because you posted your comments anonymously. Please take advantage of us having the #1 ranked customer service team in the industry by giving us a call at 412-831-6199. We want to listen to your issue first hand in order to provide you with timely, quality service.
Gillece is your one stop spot for your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. For over 30 years, we have been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area! We want to make sure that your experience is a positive one, so we expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists. We are proud of the fact that we provide service with flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. We even offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
You will be comfortable with who you are letting into your home, because all of our technicians undergo background checks and drug tests. Gillece Service Technicians are able to get to work right away at your home because our vans are fully-stocked with all available parts so they can get the job done quickly. We are the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.
Loss

Beware of Gillece Plumbing!

My furnace stopped on a cold and bitter Sunday. I called Gillece because I have seen their commercials many time and they will do a service call on the weekend.

After he looked at my furnace, they wanted to charge me $1200 for a new motor for my furnace, taking advantage of the weekend and extremely cold weather. However he suggested a new furnace for $5500 and they would install it the same day (keep in mind my house is only 1200 sf)! I paid him the $95 service charge and sent him on him way. Next day I found a fair and honest HVAC company through a friend that charged me $400 total includes parts & labor for the exact same part.

Please be a smart consumer and beware of Gillece tactics. I hope a higher power deals with them.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your feedback. Gillece wants to provide a first-rate customer experience, so we greatly appreciate your comments. Our company was built on trust, ambition, and compassion. We have been serving homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years. All of our Plumbers, HVAC Service Technicians and Electricians have years of experience in the industry and are up to date with the newest trends and technology. In addition to being technically proficient, they are also trained in customer service skills so they can successfully communicate with you about what service is best for you and your family. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1 in the industry, to have your issue listened to and be provided with quality service.

Crooks!!

Good for you. You recognized a scam when you saw it.

Comes from experience. Sorry to say, tho that others probably will fall for the scam.

Pass the word to friends and via social sites like Facebook, etc. about this company.

Clean a drain for $99

Went to my elderly parents house and wanted to charge them $15,000 to replace 4 foot of pipe. Would not give a written estimate and was mad that we were there to keep him from doing a job that was just outrageous.

They had gotten to my parents the year before and got them for over $5,000. Be very careful. I have found this company to be less then honest.

Get an estimate by more then one company and do not let them intimate you. By the way a week later the pipe was snaked for free by a family member.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your comments. Gillece appreciates all feedback as we want to provide the best possible customer experience. For over 30 years, Gillece has been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area. We expect and accept nothing less than top-notch assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists to make sure that your experience is a positive one. Our Plumbers, HVAC Service Technicians and Electricians have years of experience and knowledge of the latest industry trends and technology to provide the best all-around service for you and your home. All technicians are not only technically proficient, but also are trained in customer-service and communication skills so they are able to effectively communicate with you about what service is right for your home. Gillece was built on compassion and is proud of their involvement in the community through their work with veterans. Please contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry so we can listen to your issue first hand and provide you with timely, quality service. Call 412-831-6199.
ID

Gillece - Buyer Beware - they will charge obscene rates for their services.

My 27 year old son recently had a backed up sewer line in his 100 yr old house that caused waste to back up into a basement shower. This had happenend once before about 2 years ago and I was able to clear the line and it had been fine for 2 years.

Unfortunately, this time I was out of town and couldn't help him so he called Gillece. The first call, they came out and said they couldn't snake the line and offered to add a clean-out port on the vertical line from the upstairs bath for $800 to facilitate snaking the line. I had cleared the line before by water pressure, putting a hose in the shower drain with an attachment that made the water go forward. I advised that it was a good idea to have the port installed put $800 was too much.

After negotiating the price down to $500, he had it done. Less than 24 hours later, it backed up again. Gillece came back out and told him the problem was a break in the house line close to the house trap. They presented him with 3 options 1) replace all the waste lines in the entire house for $27,000 2) replace the waste lines in the basement for $13,000 or 3) do a spot repair for $9,500.

I advised him not to do it and to call other plumbers for estimates.

Unfortunately, after they knocked off $750 and told him he coul make payments of $117/month - he foolishly agreed. They ended up completing the work with about 22 hours of labor and $50 in parts - that's roughly $400/hr!

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your comments. We want you to have an outstanding experience and will do what it takes to continue to improve in the future. Our company was built on trust, ambition and compassion and we have been proud to serve Pittsburgh homeowners the past 30 years! We want your experience with us to be stress-free which is why we offer up-front, no-hassle prices and friendly financing options. In order to have your issue listened to first hand and be provided with timely, quality service, please contact the #1 ranked in the industry customer service team at 412-831-6199.

Had a clogged sewer line that cost $1742.00 to open

had a sewer backup. Have used Gillece come out before and the were able to open it for $99 their advertized commercial.

So I called them again. It was Fri the day after Thansgiving, I had family and grand-children everywhere and was in dire need. Was told that they would be there first thing, didnt get there to after none. Tech could not open line and did not use hardly any coils in the line.

Kept telling me to flush toilet, it just kept comung up all over my basemant. Was told he could not open it. waited for a supervisor who said that he would try and if it didnt open a special machine would have to be used for $1742. Once I agreed, he packed up his stuff and called for the machine, didnt even attempt to open it.

5 hours later machine comes and within 30 minutes the line was opened, all they did was blow high pressure water in the sewer. Used my electric and water. They left and said supervisor would be out next day early to run camera. When he was not there by 12 noon, I called and re-sheduled it for the followinf fri for I was leaving town and wanted to see the camera.

On the the way out of town, my wife called and said they showed up anyway and ran the camera. They said there was 2 breaks. My wife did not know what she was looking at, I wanted to be there, they did not arrive when they said 3 different times, used my water and electric and charged me $1742 for less then an hour. What a total rip, off this is almost criminal, I know I am in law enforcement.

They needed to wear masks.

They get people when their stuck and there is "***" all over the house. Believe me I am not done with this matter.

Gillece Services Reply:
Thank you for your feedback. Gillece wants to provide first-rate customer experience, so we greatly appreciate your comments. We want to provide you with quality service, but since you posted your comments anonymously, it is challenging for us to determine if you are a real customer. We would appreciate if you contact the Gillece Customer Service team, which was ranked #1, in the industry so we can listen to your issue and make improvements for the future. Please call us at 412-831-6199.
Gillece is here to help when it comes to your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements. We have proudly been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years. We want to make sure your experience is a positive one, so we expect and accept nothing less than first-class treatment and assistance from our technicians and customer service specialists. We proudly serve our busy customers by providing flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge. In addition, we offer a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices!
Gillece Service Technicians’ trucks are fully-stocked with all available parts so they are able to get to work right away and finish the job quickly. All of our technicians undergo background checks and drug tests, so you will be comfortable with whom you are letting into your home. Gillece is the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

I hope they go out of business-please pursue this matter-they are always screwing the public especially seniors. I hate Gillece !!

You agreed to the price quoted. They provided the service they promised.

How is that criminal? If you are in law enforcement for real (I doubt it)you should know better than to accuse someone of a crime when there is none. Additionally, your wife had every right to refuse service until you were home. She didn't.

This is all on you and the Mrs.

You can always sue in court to recover your electric and water usage ( what was it - 35 cents worth maybe?). Come to think of it, you DO sound like genuine law enforcement - whining when you don't get your way and expecting special treatment.

@Courtnie Vei

Nice reply post by Gillece trolls. Mike Brady is fictional.

View more comments (2)

93 year old man over charged by 50%

Gillece Services - 93 year old man over charged by 50%

I have had my routine seasonal servicing the last few years performed by Gillece Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical Inc. 412-279-****. I called them and asked them to look at my furnace the fan was making a noise. I called at 8:00 AM they had a technician at my home by 10:30 am.

After investigating the problem they told me that I needed an Inducer Motor Assembly Kit. At 12:45 pm they ordered the part and by 7:30 PM the work was done.

After doing all of the research on the price of the Inducer Motor Assembly Kit the highest price motor that I could find was $381.60 part # part # 32662*-762.

After researching emergency price (I did not ask for emergency installation) the highest price that I could find was $529.00 I was never told about same day service being an extra charge.

This should bring the total installed price to $910.60. I was initially charged $1500. After being questioned by my daughter via phone about the high price, the company refunded me $195. So I paid $1305 for this work.

I believe that Gillece Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical Inc. should refund me an additional $394.40 which would bring the total installed price to $910.60. From all of the research that was performed this is a reasonable price to expect.

I called the original installer of my furnace was told they would have done the job which was Airendos and they said they would have put in a new motor and given a 1 year warranty for $745.62

I am 93 years old and believe that I was discriminated against because of my age and that I was overcharged on the price of the materials was well as the labor.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your feedback. We appreciate all comments as they help us provide customers the best possible experience. Gillece has been helping homeowners in the greater Pittsburgh area for over 30 years and we continue to expect our Technicians and Customer Service Specialists to guide you through a stress free and positive experience. Our Plumbers, HVAC Service Technicians and Electricians have knowledge of the newest industry trends and technology and have years of experience in the business so they can successfully assist you and your home’s needs. Our Technicians also undergo customer-service training so they can effectively communicate with you about what works best for your home. Our company was built on compassion and we are proud of our community involvement over the years especially our work with veterans. Our Customer Service team was ranked #1 in the industry and is ready to help you with your needs. Call 412-831-6199.

People, you must understand. A business cannot sell you the part for what internet says.

Internet is a million miles away, and companies like this have real over head and licensed, and qualified with experience, installing this equipment. Internet prices just antagonize the buyer, and suggest that a real tax paying business has no right to make a profit (oh such a dirty word, all businesses should burn in *** for making more than $10 off the poor poor customer. Wake up people. Gas is $4.00 a gallon, not .79 cents.

Pay your plumber , your garage door man, your doctor, your landscaper who ever, learn to deal with the prices and get this internet out of your head. You should have had internet come to your house the same day and put in the *** motor. Just because your 93 years old does not mean your a ***.

You still have credit cards, you still know how to write a check and pick up the phone and call someone to fix your problems but now your begrudging a business from making a profit and running their business properly. Next time call internet to put in your motor and buy some pipes too when your pipes freeze and you have no heat and 10 broken water pipes flooding your home.

I feel bad for you-they wanted to charge me 5,400 for a inside gas line-after I told them to leave I called another plumber and he did it the same day for $625. They are horrible people and I have heard many complaints about them-I heard tom gillece wears a bullet proof vest!!

GOOD DEAL THINK,THEY DID IT FAST....

I don't believe this to be true. Gillece would need time to dispatch the technician to the customer.

This is usually set up the night before. These guys cover all of PGH so if you called at 8 there is no way they would be available to be out at 10:30.

I don't even think the techs start until 9 am. Call Gillece and they will tell you.

View more comments (3)

Could Not Find Source of Carbon Minoxide

Gillece did the winter service check on my two year old furnace two weeks prior to the smell of carbon minoxide throughout the house. I called Gillece to find the source.

They determined that there was a crack in the heat exchanger. They red tagged the furnace, charged me $67 service fee, and quoted a price of $4,000 to fix it. YES $4000!!! I had asked if they checked the water heater and they said they had.

A friend came over a found the source..a dead squirrel in the flue of the water heater. DO NOT CALL GILLECE!

*** happens

You guys are a *** joke. Karma is a ***. Stay away from these scam artists.

At Gillece, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. We have a strict Service Quality Investigation Procedure in place - when a customer contacts us with a formal complaint we go through several steps to investigate, identify problems and rectify the situation. On any call regarding carbon monoxide, it is our policy to get there as quickly as possible and, first, check the furnace system.

To insure quality, every Gillece technician on every call is mandated to video tape and voice record the inspections. After review of the service call information, here is what we found. As recorded by the technician, he turned off the water heater to isolate the furnace running. He used a CO monitor, again with only the furnace running, for 15 minutes. At this time, he verbally said that he did not know where specifically in the furnace the CO was coming from, but that the monitor reading could result in a dangerous situation, which prompted him to turn off the furnace and redtag it.

At this time, the customer was informed that the furance was still under manufacturer warranty, to contact them directly and that Gillece would assist in getting the problem fully resolved. Gillece provides all customers with repair and replace options. Taking advantage of the manufacturer warranty was most cost effective solution for this particular customer's situation.

Gillece technicians are fully trained and licensed professionals. Your safety is important to us. We take pride in providing the highest quality service at each and every customer touch point with our company. We look forward to working with the customer to resolve any other issues.

@Gillece S

why are you discussing personal customer info on the web?

@Gillece S

In response to the comment from Gillece. I SPOKE to the technician on the phone when this was happening.

I am the home owner and was in North Carolina at the time. He told me, and this may not have been on your recording, that there was a CRACK IN THE HEAT EXCHANGER!!!! The part was under warranty because HE HAD CALLED TRANE and that is what they told him. BUT...

The labor cost from Gillece to replace the part would be $4000. IN YOUR RESPONSE,"Taking advantage of the manufacturer warranty was most cost effective solution for this particular customer's situation." Did you not READ that the problem was a dead squirrel in the vent of the water heater???? Now can you imagine if I would have paid the $4000 and the dead squirrel was still in the water heater vent! Talk about a law suit.

I have spoken to my attorney about this issue and he laughed. He said, "I have taken on four law suits against this company and won everyone." Now what does that tell you.

They are a company that will go to any lengths to walk out of your house, finding some kind of problem. DO NOT DEAL WITH GILLECE.

@PissedConsumer747203

More *** from Gillece trolls. $4000 to replace just for LABOR?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't read the cost effective part which included lunch breaks, cell phone calls, travel, more lunch, finding tools, finding the right tools, checking watches for time charged, calling Gillece offices for advice, going back to the shop, wondering why they had to go back to the shop, going back to the work site, looking through manuals, learning how to read..little things like that which add up to $4000.

Was this to include burial of the squirrel??? Trolls.....

View more comments (5)

Shady Business

Contacted Gillece for a furnace tune up. First off the lady that answered tried to tell us that it would be $89.00, when we told her that their website stated that a tune up was $19.95, she said oh yea just tell the technician.

So after waiting around for almost 4 hours on a tech and not hearing from anyone, we call the company to find out what is going on. Same lady says we are busy and are going to have to reschedule the appointment, we ask when someone was going to call and let us know, she said we usually start calling around 6:30 it was already 7:00, so we rescheduled for the next day. Needless to say the same thing happened again, no show, no call.

Bottom line is they were not making any money off of us, so we were not a consideration. The customer service SUCKS with this company and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Gillece Services Reply:
Gillece thanks you for your comments. We appreciate all feedback because we want you to have an outstanding experience and will do what it takes to continue to improve in the future. Since you posted your comments anonymously, it makes it difficult for us to determine if you are a real customer. In order to have your issue listened to first hand and be provided with timely, quality service, we want you to contact the Gillece Customer Service team which was ranked #1 in the industry. Call us at 412-831-6199.
When it comes to your home’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Waterproofing needs and improvements, Gillece has been helping homeowners in the Pittsburgh area for more than 30 years! Our customer service specialists and technicians are some of the best in the business and we expect outstanding service from them to make sure that your experience is a positive one. To accommodate our customers, we provide flexible scheduling offering evening, weekend, and holiday service at no additional charge as well as offering a same day service guarantee with up-front, no-hassle prices.
All of our technicians undergo drug tests and background checks so you feel comfortable with whom you are letting into your home. Our fully-stocked service trucks come equip with all available parts, Gillece Service Technicians are able to get to work right away and get the job done quickly. We are the only 24/7 home services company in Western PA. Call Gillece today at 412-831-6199.

JOIN THE ANTI-GILLECE GROUP ON FACEBOOK

THERE IS A GROUP ON FACEBOOK ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN WHO FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN WRONGED BY THIS COMPANY OR KNOW SOMEBODY WHO HAS. YOU CAN SHARE YOUR STORIES OR CREATE AN EVENT SUCH AS A PROTEST OR SHARE GILLECE NEWS. ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN AND DISCUSS AND MAYBE WE CAN ALL FORM TOGETHER FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT THIS GROUP WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE TO START

JOIN THE ANTI-GILLECE GROUP ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Do-NOT-call-Gillece/226228****68963

OR SEARCH FOR "DO NOT CALL GILLECE" ON FACEBOOK AND JOIN TODAY AND GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THIS STAIN ON PITTSBURGH

Gillece Services Reply:

I can't find this group?

I have a duplex and had both basements with sewarage overflow. Gillece gave me a extimate of $549 to fix the problem.

Then he told me that there were rocks in the sewer without trying to snake any of the sewers in both units. The plumber tried to charge me the $549 without fixing the problem. Will never refer anyone to this company or use them.

I had my regular plumber come next day and fix the problem in 15 minutes.

Rip off senior citizens

My 75 year old mother had plumbing problem. Gillece came there, made a lame attempt to fix, and told her she needed to spend $12,000 to excavate basement floor.

We called another plumber who fixed the problem in 30 minutes for $125.

I think this customer takes advantage of senior citizens.

Their pricing is OUTRAGEOUS. I called several other plumbers - others wanted $500 for water jetting the pipes - Gillece wanted 4x, almost $2,0000.

Other plumbers said the excavating would not be required - and if it did, would surely cost less than $5,000. Again, Gillece was 2 1/2 times that at $12,000.